Sunday, January 31, 2010

CWG's Big Comeback

Charlotte Wine Girl is BACK by popular demand! It has been months since I’ve posted – a fact I am not proud of. What happened, you might ask….well, this fall my life spiraled completely out of control. Okay, that’s a bit dramatic. All that really happened is that I was managing part of a merger project at work that ate my entire life. For about a month solid, I barely left my office, barely slept, barely ate (lie – I drowned my sorrows in mass amounts of food), barely drank (lie – drowned sorrows in mass amounts of booze), and barely had time to think let alone write in my beloved blog. All dramatizations aside, I did just get really busy and let the blog go, simple as that. My life has totally returned to normal, and in fact I have a fabulous new job that I love. La vida es bella. So there’s my big fat excuse – got busy, stopped writing, got sad. Decided to start again. Got happy.

And lately, the universe has been creepily telling me to get back to it! In the past week alone, there have been three totally separate instances where people have asked me – what happened to your blog? I gave them the sob story, and in doing so I totally realized what a lame sob story it was. It gives me an excuse not to write for a few weeks, not a few months! Everyone’s positive feedback is so encouraging! I always worried about the content of my blog. For non-wine people (primo example: my dear hubby)… were the “lengthy” descriptions of each wine too much? Conversely, for actual wine people, my analysis would surely seem amateur. (”it tasted like, uh, berries?”). During my few months off I wondered a lot what people would actually like to read. I decided not to think so much…I just want to bop around Charlotte with all the fabulous people in my life, try great food and wine, and tell ya all about it. That’s it. So I’m back, and I hope I can still be a source of information, and if nothing else, mindless entertainment.

I did complete my eight-week wine course with James Corbin – which was a phenomenal experience – so I hope you’ll find my wine analysis even a tad more credible. I still don’t know shit about French wine. Italian wine lists are only slightly less baffling to me. Etc, etc. However, I’m starting to learn what to look for when tasting. The old adage is true…the more you taste, the more you know how to taste (is that really an “old adage”? I think I just made that up). So here I am, I’m back, and I’m always looking for your feedback. Please leave comments – of ALL kinds, positive, negative, random, whatever. You can also e-mail me at
CharlotteWineGirl@gmail.com. My hope is still someday that we’ll all find each other in this little wine community in Charlotte, start seeing familiar faces at tastings, and spend some fun wine-soaked evenings together!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment